Code of ethics
Tell Me Now adheres to the Association of Independent Information Professionals code of ethics (following):
"An Independent Information Professional is an entrepreneur who
has demonstrated continuing expertise in the art of finding and organising
information. Each provides information services on a contractual basis
to more than one client and serves as an objective intermediary between
the client and the information world.
An Information Professional bears the following responsibilities:
- Uphold the profession's reputation for honesty, competence, and
- Give clients the most current and accurate information possible
within the budget and time frames provided by the clients.
- Help clients understand the sources of information used and the
degree of reliability that can be expected from those sources.
- Accept only those projects that are legal and are not detrimental
to our profession.
- Respect client confidentiality.
- Recognise intellectual property rights, licensing agreements and
other contractual agreements with vendors, and to explain to clients
what their obligations may be to these agreements.
- Maintain a professional relationship with libraries and comply with
all their rules of access.
- Assume responsibility for employees' compliance with this code."
Source: AIIP, 1999-2000.